(Please note: The above map was created by Book Roast, a lovely BookTuber, who is also hosting the Magical Readathon: Christmas at Hogwarts challenge. I added in the books for my TBR, but otherwise, all credit goes to Book Roast.)
Starting tomorrow, December 17, and running through December 26, 2018, Book Roast is hosting the Magical Readathon: Christmas at Hogwarts. She also has a series of other Hogwarts related challenges, such as the O.W.L.s and N.E.W.T.s, and they are linked in the YouTube announcement for the Magical Readathon. There is also a Twitter page for the Magical Readathon: here.
The challenges that I am going to attempt for the Magical Readathon are as follows:
- Finish your coursework: Finish your current read.
- Have a snowball fight with the Weasley twins: A book you think will be humorous.
- Visit 3 Broomsticks for muller pixie wine: A read that should only take you a day/evening.
- Attend a Yule ball: Book you’ve been preparing yourself for.
- Use your Invisibility Cloak to get to the Restricted Section of the Hogwarts Library: Read a banned book.
If you are looking for a good source of banned books, I really like the American Library Association for their lists of banned books and explanations of why each book was banned.
(I am not in any way affiliated with Book Roast, Goodreads or the American Library Association.)